If you believe a post violates the site rules or is low quality, you may flag it for review. To flag a post, click the "Flag" link under the Options heading in the sidebar to the left of the post.
Flagging a post sends it to the moderation queue for review. The post has up to three days to be reviewed by the approval team. If the post is not approved after three days it will be deleted. This process is the same moderation process that new uploads undergo.
Note that just because a post is flagged does not mean it is in imminent danger. Anyone may flag a post for any reason. A flagged post will only be deleted if no one on the approval team approves it after three days.
- Do be specific and descriptive in your reason for flagging.
- Do not mention every little flaw in the image. If a flaw does not hurt the overall quality of an image, leave it out.
- Do not flag posts for frivolous reasons. Abusers of the flagging system will be banned. Report abuse in topic #13177.
- Do not complain about flag reasons in the comments. Be patient and remain civil. The post will be approved if the reason is unjustified.
- See howto:comment for proper commenting behavior
- Do not flag corrupted images. Images like these should be posted in topic #16765 for replacement.
Reasons to Flag a Post
- Poorly drawn (bad anatomy, bad perspective, bad proportions) or overall low quality.
- Terms of service violations: Off-topic, fake translations, etc.
- The post is a lower quality image sample and a higher quality version has been uploaded.
- The post is an unacceptable third-party edit.
- The name of the flagger is shown only to Moderators and above. Exception: forum #138963
- Member-level users may flag one post per day. Gold and above users may flag ten posts per day. Use topic #8984 to request posts be flagged if you are unable to flag them yourself.
- Users with the permission to approve posts are able to flag an unlimited amount of posts per day.
- A user can flag a post only once.